a blast from the past



uh...goo-goo ga-ga...that's what my vocabulary has come to since emmit has been born. i know all you mommies out there can agree heartily to that one! here's a shining example of my mooshy brains capacity to communicate...when my sisters & i were little girls we affectionately called my mom "mommy" & dad "papa". we still call my dad papa but my mom, on the other hand, we started calling her "mom" the minute we realized that "mommy" sounded a bit babyish (no offense to any kid or adult who calls their mom mommy). i still remember that moment...so awkward. so anyways, i was on the phone the other morning chatting with my mom while also chatting with emmit who was babbling a mile a minute (may the Lord use his gift of gab!). before we said our last goodbye & hung up the phone i blurted out, "bye bye mommy." GOOD GRIEF!!!!! where did that come from!!!??? i'll tell you...from talking with a toddler all day long...that's where. so if i'm even in conversation with you and just by chance call you mommy, papa, baby, honey, monkey, buddy, dude, sweetie, cutie pie, etc, etc...please excuse me, i'm a mommy of an almost 2 year old.

1 comments:

  nic

June 14, 2008 at 9:36 PM

i can relate! i've called my dad "daddy" several times over the past year.