Yes...I'm 30


Well, I turned 30 this past Saturday...thank you all for the cards & emails:) To tell you the truth I think this whole "30 Club" thing is great! I finally feel as though I've passed through the threshold into adulthood. This year Mitch took me kayaking on the Huron River in Ann Arbor, MI. We had such a great time together. As a side note...has anyone else noted that canoing increases the probability of a couple getting in an argument (FYI: Mitch & I did not get in a fight, just in case you were wondering...we never fight). Every couple we saw paddling down the river was bickering about one thing or another, no joke! OK, back to my story...about the picture at the top. No, I didn't take it. Got it off the web. Unfortunately we didn't take our camera b/c of the risk of dropping it in the river. We've done it before & chances are we'd do it again. To take a picture of what actually happened would've put our lives at risk. Here we are paddling down the river when Mitch says, "Hey look! A beaver!" Something was swimming right into our path. It kind of looked like a beaver. The closer we got to it & it to us we realized it was a bit smaller than a beaver. I suggested "an otter?". The closer we got to it & it to us, right next to our kayak as a matter of fact, the more I realized that it's head was awfully small, even for an otter. I screamed, "It's a squirrel!!!!" I thought it was going to swim around us but it tried to jump right up into our laps! Oars were flying everywhere. Mitch even tried to whack it back into the water but it got a pretty good grasp on his oar. The nest thing you know the little guy is on the other side of our kayak swimming away as if nothing ever happened. We could've gotten rabies, you know.

Got 2 more stories to tell you about but Mitch is bugging me to get off the computer so........that's all for now:)

4 comments:

  Joel, Christine and William

October 2, 2007 at 10:29 PM

That is such a good story!!! Joel and I went Kayaking in the Bahamas and we had so much fun!!! One time joel was not paying attention and whacked me in the middle of the head!!! Quite funny...

  The Coons

October 5, 2007 at 3:46 PM

Ok, if you can beat that story with either of your others than I can't wait to hear them!! Don't know about the argueing part, Ry and I have never canoed together. Glad to hear you didn't take that pic, would've been alarmed to find out that we have alligators in MI!!

  danamydannyaaronanna

October 5, 2007 at 8:41 PM

welcome to the club!!! 30 is awesome!!! i can wait to be 40---it's the new 20.....

  mitchandcarissa

October 6, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Christine...I just love that wedding pic of you two!!! Gorgeous!